From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eudev project announcement
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 05:13:45
1 On 12/17/12 2:25 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:09:08PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> On 12/17/12 11:40 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
4 >>> So systemd still works with a separate /usr and you're continuing to
5 >>> spread misinformation. Demonstrating such behaviour while complaining
6 >>> about the behaviour of upstream is IMO very ironic.
7 >>
8 >> No it does not, try by yourself please ^^
9 >>
10 >> (or just issue and ldd over the main binaries)
11 >
12 > I quoted the relevant bits. There has been communication here about it
13 > as well as elsewhere.
14 >
15 > What was said here is that systemd did not support this. It does. Now we
16 > can twist words that sometimes "Gentoo" does not mean Gentoo. That
17 > systemd sometimes means as packaged by Gentoo and sometimes upstream.
18 >
19 > Poor behaviour!
20
21 Please do use lld over the systemd binaries, if it reports it linking to
22 a library in /usr then you have a problem if /usr is mounted.
23
24 One of my main annoyance about systemd is the fact it links to a large
25 deal of libraries and that makes it more brittle.
26
27 As simple as that, really.
28
29 lu