From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] include files question
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:03:29
1 On 9/15/13 10:01 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > here is another question wrt OpenRC's api.
5 >
6 > Currently we store two header files (rc.h and einfo.h) in /usr/include.
7 > Since we have more than one include file, wouldn't it be standard
8 > practice to store them in a sub directory of /usr/include?
9
10 I'm leaning towards having a directory for them like
11 /usr/include/openrc, but I'm also fine with having them in /usr/include .
12
13 It's not so much about standard practice, but even say avoiding file
14 collisions and weird issues with wrong headers being included
15 (especially rc.h seems to be a fairly generic name).
16
17 Also, it may be easier to change now when we only have two headers, than
18 later. And you may even add compatibility symlinks or copies in
19 /usr/include to give people more time to update.
20
21 Paweł