From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:47:35
1 On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:41:22 +0000 Cory Visi <merlin@g.o> wrote:
2 | Why do we even need a USE flag for this? The logrotate config files
3 | are max, 4k. Just include the config file with your ebuild, which is
4 | what I have done up until now. A user can either run logrotate or
5 | not. This isn't about turning on a feature, it's about saving 4k. I
6 | don't think it's worth it; I feel like USE flags are getting
7 | completely out of control.
8
9 The aim is to reduce the amount of crap in /etc as far as possible.
12 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
13 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
14 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm