From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flag transition: tetex and latex
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:12:39
1 On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 09:13 +0100, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > > Yes, we should introduce tex, latex and kpathsea USE flags. Anyone?
5 >
6 > +1 for latex & kpathsea. How/when do we start ? :) I'd say start moving
7 > useflags on a per package basis, making them local for now. Once there
8 > are enough, let us move to a global one. Once this is finished, let us
9 > deprecate the tetex useflag.
10 >
11 > +0.5 for tex: it's a good idea, but I dont know about any package using
12 > only tex and not latex (and where it would be optional). Perhaps I'm
13 > wrong there.
16 I don't think documentation using texinfo.tex (the documentation that
17 comes in .texi files) uses latex --- I believe that texinfo.tex uses
18 just plain tex.
21 > Alexis.
22 Regards,
23 Ferris
24 --
25 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
26 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)