From: Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Importance of SLOTs on Java dependencies
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:36:47
1 On Wed, 8 Apr 2015 16:25:20 +0100
2 James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 8 Apr 2015 17:10:30 +0200
5 > Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Tuesday 07 Apr 2015 20:41:05, Pacho Ramos wrote :
8 > > > Wouldn't be possible to show a repoman warning when a dependency on
9 > > > any dev-java/${PN} doesn't specify a SLOT? That would save of from
10 > > > forgetting this in some years ;)
11 > > >
12 > > Chewi suggested a similar solution in #gentoo-java. How do we get
13 > > started with contributing to repoman?
14 >
15 > The change I intend to make is not to repoman but java-utils-2.eclass
16 > where there is already a check to ensure that a dependency has been
17 > added, it just doesn't check the SLOT at the moment. It outputs an
18 > error message by default but dies if you have JAVA_PKG_STRICT set,
19 > which all Java devs should do.
20
21 I just got this warning and had to do some digging to figure out where it
22 came from and what it wanted me to do. Can you add a comment to the eclass
23 (maybe a link to your mail which explained things well) and a pointer to the
24 eclass in the message?
28 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
29 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
30
31 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463