From: Gabriel <egabriel@××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:04:11
I'd love to get that working myself.  I have a Ross SparcPlug, running Debian
right now.  My priority is to get what you have already put together to work
on my machine :).  That being said, there isn't much reason Gentoo couldn't work
on the Sparc, and I'd be glad to help with it.  The sticking point is that as of now
(afaik) there is no GRUB for sparc.  We'd have to use SILO.  Not a big deal.

Yeah, everyone has an idea, but y'all are doing the work :)  I do have a thought
though.  I got Debian Hurd running a couple of weeks ago, and it has come a long
way.  With the next iso bundle (Hurd-E1), I really think there could be a
foundation for the first non-debian hurd release.  Gentoo would be perfect.
Especially if the base system only included FSF software.  That's another
thing I'd be interested in playing with.