From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <tomas.chvatal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Defaulting for debug information in profiles
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:27:20
1 2012/12/17 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>:
2 > On 17/12/2012 11:11, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
3 >> Since we already have splitdebug for quite time (and I suppose quite
4 >> few of us are using it) how about making it to default profiles
5 >> default enabled and add -g to default cflags. Currently it is only
6 >> enabled in the developer profile.
7 >
8 > Why, somebody uses default cflags?
9 >
10 I silently hope they copy the default cflags to their make.conf and
11 then set march and add more stuff, rather than starting from scratch.
12 Also we can pop-up newsitem asking them to put it into cflags ;-)