From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Updated Development HOWTO
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:25:43
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 A couple comments regarding the new Development HOWTO:
4
5 * ipv6 isn't listed as an available use clause
6
7 * I've been using some different syntax for use, it just seems more
8 natural to me. I don't know if others would find this helpful:
9
10 use gnome || myvar=--disable-gnome
11 or
12 use gnome && myvar=--enable-gnome
13
14 * I think it would be worthwhile to rework the examples to use die
15 instead of try. Btw, assert_true_or_die is pretty long. If you want
16 to change it to something shorter, that's fine ("success_or_die" comes
17 to mind).
18
19 * The list of private scripts and commands needs descriptions. (In
20 particular, I'd like to understand what benefit there is to some of
21 the abstractions.)
22
23 I realize that you might not personally have time to work on all these,
24 but I figured I would mention them to raise awareness. If I have time,
25 I'll try to contribute some docs also. :-)
26
27 Aron