From: Erik Mackdanz <erikmack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] gentoo-openstack project
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:02:44
1 At Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:57:07 -0500,
2 Matthew Thode wrote:
3 >
4 > Starting up a new project (gentoo-openstack). It is currently a
5 > subproject of virtualization and our project page can be found here.
6 >
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/virtualization/openstack/
8 >
9 > The current goals are to flesh out the support for Openstack on Gentoo
10 > (we have the ebuilds in tree, but initscripts and the like need some
11 > work). We also want to maintain better security release upstream (as
12 > they do not make interim security releases during their release cycle.
13 >
14 > We have a bug alias as well as a list (openstack and gentoo-openstack
15 > respectively).
16 >
17 > Any advice is welcome :D
18 >
19 > --
20 > -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
23 I'm interested in this, and I think a lot of folks are.
24
25 I've noticed there's a pretty thorough, active overlay in the wild:
26 https://github.com/hyves-org/openstack-overlay
27 Have you reached out to that guy?
28
29 Erik