From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD : .ebuild is only bash
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:30:42
1 On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:17:31 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The person who wrote it is one of Satan's little minions. Also,
4 > > change is bad.
5 >
6 > And you think that this is better?
7
8 Those *are* the arguments against GLEP 55 that we've had so far. You're
9 adding in "someone already said no" (and the people who said that were
10 discussing nonsense like using xattrs in its place, which should
11 immediately invalidate anything they said on the matter) and "it looks
12 ugly, but not just because I don't like the people who proposed it,
13 honest" to that. The only reason this discussion is going on is because
14 some people still think it's in their advantage politically to say no to
15 anything seen as coming from "the wrong people".
16
17 GLEP 55 is simple, it solves all the problems we have (including the
18 version issue, which everyone is conveniently ignoring), it doesn't
19 require us to guess what's going to happen next and it can be
20 implemented immediately. That's a rather big deal.
23 Ciaran McCreesh