From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Drop EAPI=0 requirement for system packages.
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:44:27
1 On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:53:18 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Seriously, what people is still having problems with handling eapi4?
5 > If there are doubts about its usage, they should be asked and resolved
6 > instead of ignored keeping ebuilds with older eapis. The only eapi
7 > that probably adds no advantage for a lot of ebuilds is eapi3, but
8 > that is not the case for eapi4 for example, that includes changes
9 > that should be incorporated by most packages in the tree, some of
10 > them introduced by it and others inherited from older eapis.
11 >
12 > What is the advantage of using eapi2 over eapi4 for example? What
13 > "hard to learn" change was included in eapi4 over eapi2?
14
15 Were you around when eapi2 got out and we had a bunch of packages
16 running econf twice because we wanted to quickly get rid of
17 built_with_use?
18
19 A 5 mins fix is a 5 mins fix, if you include an eapi bump in those 5
20 mins then i expect crap to be committed to the tree or nothing at all.