From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: please use the latest Portage/repoman version to commit to tree
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:38:52
1 On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:36:44AM +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > as I've only recently "graduated to developer", I've got a question about
5 > this. Diego, your request makes perfect sense to me. But, so far I always
6 > thought "Python, portage, and gcc are the things that I really need to rely
7 > on, so whatever I do, I'll keep those stable."
8 >
9 > (My development machine(s) are also my real-life work machines.)
10 >
11 > What is the general opinion on this?
12 > Do you (developers) all use ~arch portage?
13 > How big is the risk?
14
15 I use portage-2.2 on all my systems, including production boxes.
16
17 > Best,
18 > Andreas
21 Alex Alexander | wired
22 Gentoo Linux Developer | Council / Qt / Chromium / more
23 www.linuxized.com