From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Staging 'einstalldocs' for EAPI 6
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:50:20
1 El mié, 21-08-2013 a las 14:35 +0200, Ulrich Mueller escribió:
2 > >>>>> On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 >
4 > > Could appending to DOCS be allowed? I have seen a lot of time of me
5 > > needing to install all docs "manually" only to add a doc file over
6 > > default DOCS. Would be interesting to simply do: DOCS+=( otherfile )
7 >
8 > > instead of needing to specify all files handled by the install
9 > > function
10 >
11 > We discussed this in bug 449806 already. Problems that need to be
12 > solved:
13 > - If we want to keep support for both array and whitespace-separated
14 > list then we can't preset a global variable.
15 > - How do we distinguish between DOCS being unset (i.e. install default
16 > docs) and DOCS being empty (i.e. don't install anything)?
17 > - We could introduce some special syntax like a __default__ marker,
18 > but do we want such in-band signalling?
19 >
20 > Ulrich
24 Well, the last comment by mgorny in bug report after some suggestions
25 rised there made me think I should wait for the einstalldocs "thing" :/