From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] changelogs...
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 00:38:47
1 On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 00:02, Spundun Bhatt wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 14:58, Spundun Bhatt wrote:
3 > <all the rant about cant find the release notes on homepage>
4 >
5 > I just realised I proved that for many packages such release note dont
6 > exist (or do they?) on web. So the suggestion of including aurl in the
7 > changelog goes down the drain... unless gentoo itself maintain an
8 > archive of the release notes... hey! that sounds like something!
9 > Spundun
10
11 The ChangeLog's for these releases are not released in any way except
12 for inside the package, which in it's turn should be available when
13 installed in the package's /usr/share/doc.
14
15 Anyway all these releases are minor stable releases consisting of a few
16 typo fixes and translation updates anyway.
17
18 Besides that, the package ChangeLog is about changes between ebuilds,
19 'version bump' or 'new version' are to indicate nothing worth mentioning
20 changed in the ebuild.
21
22 - foser
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list