From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Dominik Westner <westner@×××××××××××.com>
Cc: "Yrjö Hatakka" <yrjo.hatakka@×××××××.fi>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout 1.8.2 breaks lvm
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:25:47
1 On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 23:42, Dominik Westner wrote:
2 > In the first place I think lvm and raidstart shouldn't be in there at
3 > all, but have separate init scripts.
4
5 Guess we will all have our own opinions, but out of a
6 stability/maintaince stance is it easier the way it is.
7
8 > I use evmns, but still have lvm and raidtools installed. This is a
9 > little bit annoying, because one gets errors messages during startup.
12 Why do you get error messages ? When you uninstall the LVM and Raid
13 stuff ? How so ? Last time I checked, '[ -x /bin/foo ]' tested if
14 a file existed and is executable ....
19 Martin Schlemmer
20 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
21 Cape Town, South Africa