From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] firefox-2.0
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 00:51:16
1 Michal Kurgan wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > Recently new firefox-2.0 was released.
5 > I (and probably many other users) am interested when this new version would
6 > be unmasked and stabilized. If there are any problems, what are they and what
7 > to expect if i would force installation now? Is there any roadmap or timeline
8 > for stabilization already?
9 >
10 > Thanks in advance for any answers.
11 >
12 There's no need to rush stabilization; being overly hasty leads to
13 broken systems. If you want it, it's in ~arch, so go get it.
14
15 Our own documentation gives a guideline of 1 month without outstanding
16 problems/open bugs. A quick search for "firefox 2.0" in Bugzilla shows a
17 few open bugs:
18
19 http://tinyurl.com/yjoy3w
20 --