From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: verwilst@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.3a Final Overview
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:57:31
1 On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:03:55 +0200
2 Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > Since Gentoo 1.3a has been available for testing for a little while now,
7 > I've noticed that quite a lot of users installed and tested it, and i've
8 > been swamped by bugreports (to my personal address, the way i like it,
9 > at least for 1.3x issues :o)
10
11 I'm strongly hoping that we can get db 3.2.9 in instead of 3.2.3h.
12 I've been using 3.2.9 successfully for a few weeks now, and have
13 built (from stage1) several systems using it.
14
15 It fixes numerous bugs in 3.2.3h, including a sigseg when opening
16 databases in 1.85 compatability mode.
17
18 Additionally, python 2.2.1-r1 should be unmasked for testing -- it,
19 too, has only very minor updates but a single important one (only
20 relating to build depends, not functional differences). Here's the
21 changelog entry for python 2.2.1-r1:
22
23 *python-2.2.1-r1 (29 May 2002)
24
25 29 May 2002; Jon Nelson <jnelson@g.o>: python-2.2.1-r1.ebuild
26 Add expat to build depends (except during bootstrap), use econf
27 and emake, and don't mess with Modules/Setup.local because modules
28 are build as shared on Linux as default.
32 Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.
33
34 Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
35 C and Python Code Gardener