From: damaen <damaen@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl compile stuck on lib/io_sock (was: emerge aborting on linux-headers)
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 14:19:33
1 > > maybe your .localdomain is your problem ... do you have a nameserver
2 > > for localdomain ?!? and it is not common to define
3 > localhost.localdomain.
4 >
5 > This shouldn't matter in this case since localhost.localdomain is only
6 > being defined as an alias for localhost.
7 >
8 > Aron
11 All the entries should just be aliases to the IP. For example, mine is:
12 127.0.0.1 localhost.localmachine localhost
13
14 Order shouldn't matter, as in one being aliased to the other. I personally
15 didn't run into this problem with perl. But I had /etc/hosts modified and
16 the lo interface up before that.
17
18 Tim