From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New QA Policy Guide
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 21:19:53
1 On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:31:52PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > In the light of the recent misunderstandings, I have started working
5 > on an official Policy Guide [1]. The Guide is meant to provide
6 > a focused list of officially approved QA policies, along with their
7 > rationale and any other useful information.
8 >
9 > This should supplement devmanual [2] with clear information on what is
10 > enforceable policy, and what is merely a suggestion (or possibly
11 > outdated information, which is a common problem for devmanual).
12 >
13 > The current document contents were approved by the QA project. However,
14 > it is by no means complete. Further existing policies (as well as new
15 > policies) will be documented there as they are approved by QA team.
16
17 Why are we creating another guide instead of just consolidating
18 everything in the devmanual?
19
20 My understanding of things has been that the devmanual is the location
21 of official qa policies, but now we have devmanual, this new guide and
22
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Policies
27 > The sources are stored in proj/policy-guide.git [3]. If you wish to
28 > submit your own changes, you can either use the 'Policy Guide' bugzilla
29 > component [4] and/or GitHub mirror [5].
30
31 I also agree with ulm et al wrt any official discussion wrt changes
32 needing to happen on bugzilla.
33
34 Thanks,
35