From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/qa: index.xml
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:19:11
1 >>>>> On Sat, 11 Jun 2011, Jorge Manuel B S Vicetto wrote:
2
3 > please re-read GLEP48 as I updated it at the end of the council
4 > meeting to reflect the changes already approved on March (txt
5 > version, I still need to update the html).
6
7 > The GLEP states that the team lead shall be elected annually by the
8 > team members.
9
10 The same GLEP also says that developers who would like to join the
11 project must be approved by the QA team lead. And seemingly the QA
12 lead also has the power to expel devs from the team (I cannot find
13 where this is documented though).
14
15 So, effectively the QA team lead can appoint the people who elect him.
16 I'm not at all implying that Diego would abuse his position, but still
17 I think that this is not a sane situation.
18
19 (A similar system functions for the pope and his cardinals though. ;-)
20
21 Ulrich