From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: future.eclass
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 21:11:13
1 On 11/06/2014 12:40 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 11/06/2014 12:11 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> # multilib.eclass collisions
4 >> get_libdir() { future_get_libdir "${@}"; }
5 >> # eutils.eclass collisions
6 >> einstalldocs() { future_einstalldocs "${@}"; }
7 >
8 > This collision handling mechanism seems pretty reasonable.
9 > Alternatively, maybe it could die if the functions are already defined,
10 > and advise the developer that future should be inherited later than
11 > multilib and eutils.
12
13 Now I realize that future.eclass has no way of knowing when mutilib or
14 eutils are inherited later. So, I can't think of a better way to handle
15 the collisions that what you already have.
16 --
17 Thanks,
18 Zac