From: fredrik danerklint <fredan-gentoo-list@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] --usepkg in emerge
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:35:28
1 Hi!
2
3 Is it possible, that when you are using --usepkg with emerge, could get emerge
4 to download the binarie file from a server, just like it would if you're
5 gonna compile the source code?
6
7 And could I set this feature in the variable "feature"? I didn't see that it
8 was possible.
9
10 What I'm trying to say, is that some kind of option in /etc/make.conf you
11 could use, just like the variable "gentoo_mirrors" but instead have it to
12 download the binarie file from a list of server, if the file is availible.
13
14 If the variable was called "gentoo_binaries" it would look like this:
15 GENTOO_BINARIES="http://ftp.fredan.org/gentoo/binaries/amd-athlonxp"
16 to get the binaries files optimized for amd athlon xp processor.
17 --
18 //fredan
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list