From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add midi useflag to base profile defaults
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:34:56
1 On Wednesday 24 January 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Can somewhere else be more appropriate? default-linux? Basically, does
3 > this need to affect hardened/embedded, too, or is default-* enough?
4 embedded most likely will want to disable midi for their profile (as embedded
5 is the main target for disabling ALSA features), but hardened would likely
6 want to keep the current behaviour.
7
8 > I would think that so long as this doesn't cause extra dependencies to
9 > be pulled into the other projects (which is sounds like it won't) then
10 > base should be fine.
11 No changes in dependency tree, the midi useflag only changes features of the
12 packages, I have no plan on making it change dependency, it wouldn't really
13 make sense that way.
16 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
17 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...