From: a9101556@××××××××××××××.at
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] yp/nis problems
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 15:02:18
1 Hello
2
3 I have been experimenting with gentoo for the last 2 weeks
4 (complete feedback may follow if wanted) but now I have run
5 into serious problems:
6
7 I need to integrate the gentoo-machine into a yp/nis surrounding
8 which is using neither md5 nor shadow passwords.
9 ypwhich, ypcat -k passwd and getent passwd work allright
10 even C-calls to yield the right answer.
11
12 But I can't login/ssh into the machine as a non-local user.
13 In the syslogd I just get 'Failed password for...' and
14 'Failed keyboard-interactive for...'-entries.
15
16 This may be pam-related but our RedHat 6.2-Boxes using
17 a similar pam-setup work fine.
18
19 So has anyone already successfully set yp/nis & has some hints for me?
20
21 Many thanks in advance!
22
23 Tibor Rudas