From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Time based retirements
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 04:31:42
1 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > > I think the bar for keeping access should be kept low - they
3 > > shouldn't be forced to go find some trivial change to make just
4 > > to get their name in the logs.
5 >
6 > When I first started looking into becoming a Gentoo developer I got a
7 > very strong and very clear impression that this would be absolutely
8 > neccessary not to get kicked out again. I still find that really
9 > unfriendly, just like all the other bad stuff about Gentoo.
10
11 To be clear, by unfriendly I mean the things I subjectively consider
12 make Gentoo less awesome *for me*. There aren't many of them but
13 there are a few. I understand that they all have their reason for
14 being there. I don't neccessarily agree with them, but that's not the
15 point, just like it isn't the point that there is some stuff that I
16 don't like.
19 > Desinformation is IMO always worse than no information.
20
21 This line is the point.
24 //Peter