From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dev kernel 2.6.9 and ntfs mount
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:57:01
1 On Wednesday 03 November 2004 09:10 pm, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > This may really belong on `users' where I am posting about it too.
3 > But since it involves the `dev' kernel I thought maybe someone here
4 > might be more likely to know what is what with it.
5
6 this is definitely gentoo-user material
7
8 > I want to mount at least and possibly write to ntfs fs from a gentoo
9 > install. I've built my kernel from gentoo-dev-sources using genkernel
10 > and only edited these:
11
12 if you value your data you wont write to it
13
14 > CONFIG_NTFS_DEBUG=y
15 > CONFIG_NTFS_RW=y
16 >
17 > This one was already defaulted to `m'
18 > CONFIG_NTFS_FS=m
19 >
20 > Are there any other params I need to edit inorder to mount ntfs?
21
22 no, just load the module
23
24 > With above described kernel, my mount command tells me:
25 > mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/winxp
26 > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1,
27 > or too many mounted file systems
28
29 make sure /proc/filesystems lists ntfs
30 -mike
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list