From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attn.: All Developers
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:14:25
1 Hi!
2
3 I had a discussion with people about this when I started working on
4 Gentoo. As I recollect this was to be done automatically, or?
5 If this is not true, ie. that we are supposed to add an entry to the
6 ChangeLog someone has to make a script and a function for emacs and
7 vim (and possibly other editors that has this capability) to easy
8 create an entry in the ChangeLog. Otherwise I think that it'll be
9 forgotten and if not all people use it it looses it's purpose.
10
11 I know that drobbins had plans for this but I don't really remember
12 them so it's better if he describes what is going to be done about
13 this.
14
15 Regards,
16 Mikael Hallendal
17
18 Parag Mehta <pm@g.o> writes:
19
20 > Hi,
21 >
22 > It would be a great favour, if all developers would also update the
23 > Changelog file while committing to the CVS. it is really helpful for
24 > one to see the changes when one rsync's or updates his cvs. neednot
25 > wait for the gentoo-cvs mail to come.
26 >
27 > i remember once lordjoe ( if i remember properly) had voiced this
28 > issue.
29 >
30 > please this is a request.
31 >