From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] window manager herds
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 05:27:25
1 Hi All,
2
3 OK, another appeal for people to form teams and herd up some groups of
4 ebuilds. currently the *box wm's have a herd. XFce has a maintainer,
5 but we could do with a backup and properly herd it. IceWM has an
6 external maintainer in morfic, but a proper herd for all things IceWM
7 (if it's that big) might be in order -- I don't know for sure. We
8 *definitely* need an ugly-wm herd (for those window managers like
9 evilwm, ratpoison, trswm, ion, and what not). Maybe WindowMaker and
10 AfterStep and FVWM can be grouped? I dunno, let me stop yammering and
11 open up to suggestions for how the wm's can be herded and let's get them
12 herded and actively maintained.
13
14 Note that the WindowMaker herd would probably be responsible for
15 x11-plugins/wm* packages as well (without needlessly bloating up the
16 set).
17
18 Thanks,
19 --
20 Seemant Kulleen
21 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
22 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
23
24 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
25 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E