From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Call for testing from toolchain team: glibc-2.34
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:39:20
1 Hi,
2
3 toolchain@ would appreciate if folks could keyword glibc-2.34 locally
4 on non-production machines to help root out any bugs.
5
6 The tracker bug is doing pretty well at this point with most remaining
7 issues being in last-rited packages or being tracked upstream:
8 https://bugs.gentoo.org/803482.
9
10 There are no plans to keyword glibc-2.34 yet given there's
11 a few large changes and we've not yet got over the libxcrypt
12 hump (that's coming very shortly, stabilisation planned for
13 2021-11-01!). But you can't start planning too early ;)
14
15 I would not recommend doing this on a machine
16 with Chromium or anything Electron based for now
17 as I haven't had a chance to check if the sandbox stuff
18 has been updated. I _think_ Firefox is fine now (at least
19 in the latest versions >= 91?).
20
21 If you're able, please therefore keyword glibc-2.34 on
22 systems where you're up for a bit of experimentation,
23 and ideally rebuild (-ev @world) and report any bugs.
24
25 If you feel generous, run FEATURES=test on some/all
26 stuff too.
27
28 Please drop into #gentoo-toolchain if you have any
29 questions or issues we need to debug together.
30
31 Cheers!
32
33 Best,