From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving our/portage stuff to var
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:44:26
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:44:06 +0100
3 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 >> There's no good reason for nesting it so deeply. As it is proposed
5 >> above, /var/cache/portage would contain only two subdirectories, and
6 >> /var/cache/portage/repositories only a single "gentoo" on a stable
7 >> system. Also /var/cache itself isn't overpopulated; I count about ten
8 >> entries on my systems.
9 > You really think most people don't have to use overlays?
10 >
11 >> We should go with a shorter (easier to remember, easier to type) path
12 >> and move things at least one level up. Two would be even better.
13 > You shouldn't ever be typing that path in...
17 I was thinking tab completion myself. Just hit a couple letters and hit
18 tab. That tab key types much faster and more accurately than I can. ;-)
19
20 Dale
21
25 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!