From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome Build Problems
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:10:37
On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 08:36:27PM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
:
: I bet I know what it is.  Make sure that the "10xfree" file (from
: /usr/portage/x11-base/xfree/files) gets copied to /etc/env.d.  Then, run
: env-update, log out of everything and log back in and gtk-config and
: imlib-config should be found.

Ended up being a chicken-egg problem.  gnome-libs couldn't compile b/c
it couldn't find ORBit in the environment.  ORBit was installed.
However env-update wasn't looking for anything in /opt/gnome.  Turns out
that the only GNOME portage that installs anything in /etc/env.d is
gnome/gnome-1.2.4-r1.ebuild.

Methinks this isn't the desired behavior.

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 703.599.6023               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@××××××.com           ||  ...It's much more important