From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council manifesto of sping
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:37:26
Arun,

On 06/21/10 21:25, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>> My manifesto up here now: >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~sping/council-manifesto-2010-sping.txt > > For all your points where you do not have a concrete proposal of how > you intend to tackle the problem, could you please elaborate?
please take your time to formulate concrete questions.
> """ (w.r.t. git migration) > I hope to see Robin integrate me with the conversion process. > """ > > How have you contributed to the effort thus far?
I would like to re-phrase this question to "how come you are able to help", okay? I have - knowledge of Git beyond an average user of Git - migrated Portage from Subversion to Git including explaining fake merges using commit-tree to the portage developers [1] and more general essentials before that [2] - helped tommy of sunrise to get his earler multilib fork into the Portage repo - worked with - Git hooks - Gitosis - Gitolite (including its setup) - studied ciabot integration recently - read most of gentoo-scm - exchanged ideas with rbu and idl0r about it If Robin and I reach a point of consensus on the migration's future I could work the full rest of this week on the Git migration. Not because we have elections right now but because I have a bit of flexibility on the date of my next exam: pushing that a week further is no problem at the moment. Best, Sebastian [1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage-dev/msg_697d7da6aca2012bce8609d59d33a7c8.xml [2] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage-dev/msg_14c474fb79ee175a228e42103db9f884.xml