From: Alfredo Tupone <tupone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ada project needs your help!
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 14:26:21
1 Il giorno Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:59:50 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> ha scritto:
3
4 > Hello, everyone.
5 >
6 > The Ada project seriously needs help. For some time already, it has no
7 > active developers (George is retiring), and a lot of bugs needing
8 > attention.
9 >
10 > The packages maintained by aga@g.o are:
11 >
12 > app-eselect/eselect-gnat
13 > dev-ada/asis-gcc
14 > dev-ada/charles
15 > dev-lang/gnat-gcc
16 > virtual/ada
17 > virtual/gnat
18 >
19 > Since the Ada subsystem in Gentoo is practically unmaintained now
20 > and has only those two packages, the alternative is to lastrite it
21 > all.
22 >
23 > Is anyone interested in Ada? Any comments?
26 If nobody is interested in ada as it is, I would like to bring back it
27 in a new way, more simple and more in line with gcc
28
29 An example is https://github.com/atupone/overlay.
30
31 As it is using the same tools of sys-devel/gcc and provide another gcc.
32 It is going to conflict with gcc-same-version.
33
34 My github overlay is not yet gentoo-ready but I use it regularly
35
36 Alfredo