From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About current ppc/ppc64 status
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 19:37:38
1 On 07/25/14 15:28, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > That is the reason for me thinking that maybe the way to go would be to
3 > do the opposite -> keep only base-system and a few others stable and
4 > drop stable for most of the rest. This big effort could be accomplished
5 > in a week by other developers willing to help (like me) and would solve
6 > the issue for the long term. I guess that is what HPPA team did in the
7 > past and I think it's working pretty well for them (in summary, have a
8 > stable tree they are able to keep stable). That will also help people in
9 > ppc* teams to know that the remaining stabilization bugs, apart of being
10 > much less, are important enough to deserve rapid attention, as opposed
11 > to current situation that will have some important bugs mixed with tons
12 > of stabilization requests of apps that got ppc stable keywords years ago
13 > and are currently no so important.
16 Yes, please let's just do base system stable. I've been randomly taking
17 care of ppc but nothing systematic. Its pretty spotty. But at the same
18 time I don't like the idea of just loosing all the stabilization effort
19 on the base system, so that might work best. Something to think about
20 for mips too.
24 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
25 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
26 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
27 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
28 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA