From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-dev-announce list
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:37:13
1 On 6/25/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
2 > This topic has come up in the past, and I'd like to revive it once
3 > again. The gentoo-dev list has gotten a lower and lower signal to noise
4 > ratio over the past year or two, and it's difficult to dig out the stuff
5 > that's truly required reading.
6
7 What's noise to you is signal to others. For example, my interest is
8 servers, so all of your X.org posts are mostly noise to me, but to
9 others it's essential signal. Same goes for the scientific re-org
10 recently discussed. And I'm sure the same goes for PHP & webapp
11 stuff.
12
13 > I propose that all need-to-know announcements and decisions be posted to
14 > a separate, moderated (or restricted posting) gentoo-dev-announce list
15 > to ensure that no developers lose track of what really matters.
16
17 I think a -dev-announce ML is a good idea, with reply-to set to -dev.
18 But I also think you're over-exaggerating the situation by a long way,
19 sorry.
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stu
23 --
24 PS: If anyone needs anything posting on -announce, I'm one of the
25 people you can bribe :)
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list