From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new `usex` helper
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:24:38
On 06:34 Wed 14 Sep     , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:02:28 -0500 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote: > > On 17:56 Tue 13 Sep , Mike Frysinger wrote: > > > useful enough for EAPI ? or should i just stick it into > > > eutils.eclass ? OR BOTH !? > > > > I prefer to avoid EAPI whenever possible, as it just makes things > > slower and more complex. > > Sticking it in an EAPI *shouldn't* be slow and more complex. There are > three reasons why it is, and they should all be within Gentoo's > ability to solve.
[..reasons..] I'm glad we agree about its current state, whatever the reasons. While I wish I could do something about them, I can't at all in some cases or quickly in others. No matter what, it's going to be a slow process to change them, and I'd like to keep things like this from blocking on that. I'm hoping to fix some of the council-related issues with an updated GLEP 39 (WIP), but even being on the council doesn't help much in making others focus on productive issues. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Council Member / Sr. Developer Gentoo Linux Blog: http://dberkholz.com