From: Jason <jblier@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge system (round 2)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:36:06
1 Me again :)
2
3 I tried the emerge again without altering the system packages and I think
4 that the problem may reside in the bootstrap.
5
6 Right before I ran the "scripts/bootstrap.sh
7 files/bootstrap-1.0_rc6.packages" I ran "emerge --pretend system" and it
8 calculated the dependancies and output all the files it should have...no
9 problems. After the bootstrap process, I ran "emerge --pretend system" and
10 the error I recieved goes basically as follows:
11
12 "/var/db/pkg/sys-apps/texinfo is not a valid database
13 entry....skipping file"
14
15 It then outputs everything else as normal. I should have been a little more
16 observant as I thought it might be a cvs problem with textinfo but it looks
17 to be like it is local. Stupid question (Cuz I have no idea) Could I
18 actually emerge the system without bootstrapping it first? If it is
19 feasable, I would like to give it a shot and see what happens.
20
21 I should probably get my ass on the mailing list too :)
22
23 Thanks again!
24
25 -Jason