From: bkhl@elektrubadur.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:25:02
1 Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:45:53AM +0200, Björn Lindström wrote:
4 >> Wouldn't it be more elegant if it just never installed anything in the
5 >> documentation directories?
6 >
7 > Depends on your definition of "elegant". I don't consider modifying
8 > every package where "make install" installs manpages "elegant".
9
10 I wasn't suggesting that. I just said that a) instead of first
11 installing stuff in e.g. /usr/share/doc and then deleting it, portage
12 would just not install stuff there in the first place, and b) that in
13 addition to (or maybe instead of) the FEATURE flag, there should be a
14 variable to set which directories to not install in.
15
16 I never said anything about modifying any ebuilds.
19 Björn Lindström <bkhl@××××××××××××.se>
20 http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list