From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage ebuild cruft
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:59:35
1 On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:38:58 +0900
2 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Yep. That's the scanning of all installed packages for any
5 > provided virtuals.
6
7 Maybe that's a stupid idea, but I wonder whether removing empty
8 PROVIDE files from the vardb could save some time here. I see
9 that in grabfile(), if the file can't be opened, then an empty
10 list is returned, so it would have the same behavior. Does
11 reading an empty file takes more time than failing to open a
12 non-existing one? (Yep, I don't know much about how filesystems
13 actually work...)
16 TGL.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list