From: Patrick Tavares <patrickt@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Possible Gentoo Fundraising opportunity
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 21:59:26
1 Dear Gentoo organization:
2 I have become infatuated with your great distro. I would like to give
3 back if I can. I recently purchased some "Powered By Linux" case stickers
4 from a guy here in Texas who makes these things. I was so impressed with
5 them that I asked if he could make a custom decal using one of the "Powered
6 by Gentoo" logos from your site. He sent me a sample and I must say that it
7 looks sharp. I believe that people would buy these to show off their new
8 favorite distro like I did. I would like to collaborate on setting
9 something up so that these could be sold on your site with all proceeds
10 going to the Gentoo dev effort. Please email me with any thoughts,
11 comments, etc. If this is not of interest to you guys I would still like to
12 pursue the sale of these decals. What kind of copyrights are attached to
13 the Gentoo Logo?
14
15 Thanks,
16 -Patrick Tavares