From: Markus Nigbur <pYrania@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:35:11
1 Hi gang,
2
3 I just (again) noticed I'm currently the only active developer of the
4 desktop-misc herd, which is going to change as soon as the recruitment
5 process is reopened again.
6 About 80% of all bugs assigned to desktop-misc are new ebuild
7 submissions for software which either falls into no other graphical
8 application herds responsibility or applications that are not wanted by
9 the relevant herds. Which is just fine, I don't want to hear any whining
10 here, it's one of the purposes of the desktop-misc herd.
11
12 Anyway, as I've already said I'm the _currently_ the only active herd
13 member and simply cannot take the responsibility of about 100 new
14 packages.
15 Therefor I suggest introducing a new keyword to bugzilla's resolution
16 list, called NEEDMAINTAINER.
17 With this new keyword everyone could compile a list of currently
18 unmaintained packages and just take the ones he likes. Additionally this
19 would be a great opportunity for non-developers for starting their
20 carrier within Gentoo.
21
22 PS: If I'm repeating my self.. It's 4:30am and I'm awake for 68 hours,
23 so..
24
25 Regards,
26 Markus
29 (o_ Markus Nigbur
30 //\ Gentoo GNU/Linux Developer
31 [ ]/_ http://www.gentoo.org
32 GPG Fingerprint: 9E31 187A 6C78 210C F248 EDBB F2FB A77F 707D F8C1