From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman not complaining when going straight to stable
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:13:13
1 On 11/26/11 11:29 AM, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
2 > On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:15:53 +0100
3 > ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> This shouldn't be allowed, should it? The package is keyworded only
6 >> ~x86, and I'm adding amd64 stable keyword, and repoman doesn't complain.
7 >
8 > It would need to fetch latest CVS file from server to check against previous state.
9 > I don't think repoman does any network IO safe updating metadata.dtd.
10
11 Why does it warn about going straight to stable for _new_ ebuilds? Is it
12 because it knows locally that it's a new file, and because of that
13 doesn't need to connect to network? That'd make sense.
14
15 Would it be possible to add repoman checks (possibly behind a special
16 flag) that could use "cvs diff" results?