From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman not complaining when going straight to stable
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:13:13
On 11/26/11 11:29 AM, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:15:53 +0100 > ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote: > >> This shouldn't be allowed, should it? The package is keyworded only >> ~x86, and I'm adding amd64 stable keyword, and repoman doesn't complain. > > It would need to fetch latest CVS file from server to check against previous state. > I don't think repoman does any network IO safe updating metadata.dtd.
Why does it warn about going straight to stable for _new_ ebuilds? Is it because it knows locally that it's a new file, and because of that doesn't need to connect to network? That'd make sense. Would it be possible to add repoman checks (possibly behind a special flag) that could use "cvs diff" results?