From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: hardened glibc and gcc dependencies
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 00:55:34
1 On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 00:24:12 +0200
2 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 28.10.2011 2.50, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > > On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 01:47, Ryan Hill wrote:
6 > >> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:03:12 +0530 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
7 > >>> So, I honestly see no reason why toolchain should not start using EAPI 2.
8 > >>
9 > >> I await your patch to toolchain.eclass. :P
10 > >
11 > > i wouldn't bother as it's most likely not going to be accepted at this time
14 > Why not? EAPI 2 was approved more than 3 years ago. I don't think
15 > there's a problem policy wise making all ebuilds able to use it these days.
16
17 Porting toolchain.eclass to another EAPI would require sacrificing more
18 chickens than urban zoning regulations permit. I'm working on finding a small
19 rural acreage close to a local ley line. Will keep you posted.
20
21 Or you could use ewarns and dies like they were for years before USE deps got
22 implemented.
26 fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense
27 toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime
28 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662