From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages pulling in python-3*, also they dont require it
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:45:12
On 03/18/2010 10:00 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
>> And do you want to add a special rule to portage just for the special case of python instead of the >> ebuilds/eclasses having the issue? >> > > What issue is there with ebuilds/eclasses? Both should reflect the deps > as well as can be done with current EAPIs. If they don't, they need to > be fixed. > > Regards, > Petteri >
I know about distutils.eclass: If an ebuild does just inherit it and does not define anything special, it will add "dev-lang/python" to the dependency tree, which will pull in python-3*, also noone knows, if it is requested, supported or will even work there (e.g. dev-util/protobuf does pull in python-3*, also i dont see any marks, that it does support python-3*). -- Thomas Sachau Gentoo Linux Developer