From: Kevin Gordon <kgordon@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge with portage 1.6.7
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:29:36
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "Mikael Hallendal" <hallski@g.o>
3 To: "Gentoo Dev." <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
4 Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 3:09 AM
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge with portage 1.6.7
8 > m_ 2001-09-10 klockan 11.47 skrev Kevin Gordon:
9 > > Thanks for the reply Mikael,
10 > >
11 > > I used gnome terminal as suggested: not sure how to copy and paste
12 result:
13 > >
14 > > compiling rsvg-paint-server.c
15 > > rsvg-ft.c:56: parse error before 'FT_Library'
16 > > rsvg-ft.c:56:warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
17 >
18 > This sounds like some problems with FreeType (which freetype do you have
19 > installed?)
20
21 ebuild freetype-2.0.1-r1.ebuild (first)
22 ebuild freetype-1.3.1-r2.ebuild (Daniel advised me to install the older
23 version to overcome a problem. I think it was with libgd-1.8.3-r1)
26 > > then miles of similar errors
27 > >
28 > > I already have nautilus installed (1.0)
29 >
30 > Hmm .. Nautilus requests librsvg, how did you manage to install Nautilus
31 > without installing librsvg?
32
33 Definitely have not got librsvg. ebuild Nautilus-0.8.2.ebuild and later
34 ebuild nautilus-1.0.ebuild: both would have given message successfully
35 merged otherwise I log messages. Before nautilus-0.8.2 had previously
36 merged: sawfish, libunicode, gal, gtkhtml, libgtop, openssl, ammonite,
37 medusa, nautilus-0.8.2 hence no librsvg! Not sure which of these are
38 dependencies of nautilus.
39 >
40 > > Previous to this I thought I was successful (for the first time) in
41 emerge
42 > > evolution. It runs ok but can not find the composer. Has anyone else
43 been
44 > > successful with evolution?
45 >
46 > Yes, I'm using Evolution and it works just fine, if you try to open a
47 > gnome-terminal. Then type:
48 >
49 > oaf-slay
50 > killev
51 >
52 > and then start Evolution in that terminal-window. What errors do you get
53 > when you try to open the composer.
54
55 Carried out steps above. In gnome terminal: .....activated successfully:
56 contacts, My Evolution, vtrash, mailstorge, mail, schema 'mailto', tasks,
57 calendar. Two message boxes "Could not create composer window" followed by
58 "Unable to retrieve message from editor". Does this make any sense Mikael?
59
60 I do have too many older versions of many applications and will unmerge some
61 in the weekend.
62
63 Many thanks
64 Kevin
67 > Regards,
68 > Mikael Hallendal
69 >
70 > --
71 >
72 > Mikael Hallendal
73 > Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
74 > CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden
79 > gentoo-dev mailing list
80 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org