From: Malte Obbel Forsberg <door@×××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem with Zangband ebuild
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 10:35:46
1 Oh .. I've got it all wrong then! :-P
2 Anywhoo, if I do a "source /etc/make.conf", patch the makefile so that it will have a line like:
3 gcc $(CFLAGS) $(CXXFLAGS) $(BLAH_OLD_SETTINGS)
4 it'll compile with the flags configured in make.conf?
5
6 Thanks,
7 Malte
8
9 > Actually,
10 > the "CHOST" flag is -not- for optimization.
11 > that is the purpouse of "CFLAGS" and "CXXFLAGS" to do.
12 >
13 > The CHOST flags is only there in order to let the makefiles/configure
14 > identify the system "properly" especially for cross-platform building.
15 >
16 > in the case of wanting something optimized you can safely discard CHOST
17 > and only use CFLAGS / CXXFLAGS.
20 > and, what I meant is that /etc/make.conf is bash compatible, meaning
21 > that if you just "source /etc/make.conf" it will sett
22 > CHOST,CFLAGS,CXXFLAGS and other such things to the system default.
23 > usable if you are in /var/tmp/portage/package/work/package/... and
24 > debugging just what goes wrong somewhere ;) (configure flags and
25 > incompabilities spring to mind)
26 >
27 > //Spider
28 >
29 > --
30 > begin happy99.exe
31 > This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
32 > See Microsoft KB Article Q265230 for more information.
33 > end
38 Malte Obbel Forsberg
39 door@×××××××××××.nu
40 JabberId: doordoc@××××××.at