From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving our/portage stuff to var
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:17:00
1 On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
57 It's sounding like the nearly the optimal solution would be:
58
59 /var/cache/portage/distfiles
60 /var/cache/portage/repositories/gentoo
61 /var/cache/portage/repositories/{sunrise,kde,gnome,whatever,layman,grabs}
62 /var/db/portage/repositories/{non-cache,repo,names,go,here}
63
64 Clearly, some data in question needs to be treated as persistent, and
65 others can be treated as cache. So it should probably be divided up
66 that way. The placement of tree and overlays as subfolders of the same
67 folder strikes me as appropriate, too.
68
69 The only thing I can't see an elegant workaround for are how to avoid
70 or handle repo name collisions between
71 /var/cache/portage/repositories/* and /var/db/portage/repositories/*
74 :wq