From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] DWS for 2007-05-07 - 2007-05-13
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 21:02:03
1 Hi, this is the -dev weekly summary, actually the first one ;)
2
3 Announcements / Important stuff
4 ===============================
5
6 Announcing GLI ("the installer") 0.5 (by agaffney)
7 --------------------------------------------------
8 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.installer/594
9 --------------------------------------------------
10 The Gentoo Linux Installer team would like to announce version 0.5[.4]
11 (we've found a few bugs since the initial 0.5 release) of the installer.
12 This release, which is available on the 2007.0 x86 and amd64
13 LiveCD/DVDs, has a lot of changes from the previous one (so many that it
14 really should have been a new major version, but we haven't even reached
15 1.0 yet, so it's a bit hard to jump to 2.0).
16
17 Release BitTorrent seeding (by robbat2)
18 ---------------------------------------
19 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/48936
20 ---------------------------------------
21 Could the ~80 people that are still seeding the 2006.1 release on
22 BitTorrent please move to seeding the 2007.0 release instead?
23 The 6 torrents below are the most popular (in order), and account for
24 98% of the BitTorrent traffic since the 2007.0 release yesterday.
25 1. livedvd-i686-installer-2007.0
26 2. livecd-i686-installer-2007.0
27 3. livedvd-amd64-installer-2007.0
28 4. livecd-amd64-installer-2007.0
29 5. install-x86-minimal-2007.0-r1
30 6. install-amd64-minimal-2007.0
31 I will be retiring the 2006.1 torrents on June 1st, until then, they are
32 available at http://torrents.gentoo.org/?category=2006.1
35 Active threads last week:
36 =========================
37
38 Announcing GLI ("the installer") 0.5
39 dev-db/firebird needs an active maintainer
40 Eigen and GPL-2 exception - is a new licence required?
41 Increasing contributions and interest via personal project aggregation
42 invalid <herd> in metadata.xml
43 Last rites sys-apps/855resolution
44 Linux 2.6.21 plans
45 mail-mta/courier needs a maintainer
46 media-sound/DBMix removed from tree
47 missing metadata.xml
48 net-www/apache-1* masked.
49 New herd: kernel-misc
50 Optional Package Dependencies for netscape-flash -> libflashsupport
51 Release BitTorrent seeding
52 RFC: ion license
53 Suitable USE flag name for stuff that requires non volatile memory
54 Virtuals and Java
55 www-client/pybugz needs a maintainer
56 [RFC - Moving categories around]
57 [RFC] missing <herd> tag in metadata.xml
60 One sentence summaries on more active threads:
61 ==============================================
62
63 RFC: ion license
64 ion's upstream license prohibits keeping "ion" name if the package is
65 patched
66
67 Eigen and GPL-2 exception - is a new licence required?
68 Do we have to add a new license for base license + exception or use base
69 license plus exception?
70
71 Suitable USE flag name for stuff that requires non volatile memory
72 dhcpcd wants to store non-volatile stuff now in some cases
73
74 [RFC] missing <herd> tag in metadata.xml
75 <herd>no-herd</herd> in some cases but not everywhere
76
77 Optional Package Dependencies for netscape-flash -> libflashsupport
78 libflashsupport option with one use flag or multiple ones
79
80 Increasing contributions and interest via personal project aggregation
81 many +1s, antarus has preview working
82
83 Last rites sys-apps/855resolution
84 915resolution is still needed
87 Last Rites:
89
90 Last rites: dev-java/jswat
91 Last rites: app-vim/sudo
92 Last rites: app-emacs/preview-latex
93 Last rites: sys-apps/855resolution
96 So, that's it for this week, happy about suggestions/improvements for
97 next week ;)
98 -Jokey
101 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list