From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 2 of N: developer interaction (merge co-ordinators)
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 18:23:15
1 On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >> But IMO, discussing this now is a kind of premature optimization.
3 > agreed, it's NOT ideal. I evaluated it as what are the potential
4 > problems i can foresee happening, that we haven't already discussed
5 > and/or solved already.
6 >
7 > I just wanted it to be noted before the migration does go live, so that
8 > we're ahead of the planning if things DO go sour.
9
10 That makes a lot of sense. There are probably a bunch of
11 projects/teams where having their own branches makes some amount of
12 sense; but we should really try the free-for-all at first.
13
14 Cheers,
15
16 Dirkjan