From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving more arches to dev profiles
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 06:40:17
1 21.08.2013 22:28, Alexis Ballier пишет:
2 >
3 > Instead of dropping them entirely to ~arch, maybe something in between
4 > could be done: Said arches could start moving to ~arch the leaf and
5 > less important packages. E.g. we have (had?) a lot of sparc keywords on
6 > sound packages or ppc keywords on ocaml ones because at some point
7 > (~10 years ago) some dev was interested in these on this architecture
8 > but I'm pretty sure nobody uses them.
9 >
10 > In short: Reduce stable coverage to reduce the workload.
11 >
12 > Also, from what I've seen in the thread, you are talking about keywords
13 > only, right ? Do these arches keep their stable mark in profiles.desc?
16 I like this way much more. Let's clarify stabilization policy for some
17 minor arches, e.g. policy about stabilization requests for huge
18 packages. Cause dropping entire arch to ~arch maybe sometimes a bit
19 overkill.
20 --
21 Best regards, Sergey Popov
22 Gentoo developer
23 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
24 Gentoo Qt project lead
25 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead